Tips for protecting your privacy
1. Use privacy-enabled browsing
Privacy extensions and privacy-enabled browsers don’t track or store your personal information when searching + browsing.
2. Turn off location services on your phone
Turn off location services to avoid your physical location being tracked. You can also turn off your phone entirely.
3. Download an encrypted text/chat service
Use an encrypted chat service like Signal when texting about private information.
4. Create a secondary email address
Use an encrypted email provider like ProtonMail when emailing about private information.
5. Download a Virtual Private Network (VPN)
Using a VPN like Psiphon will hide your device’s IP address even if you are using public or shared Wi-Fi.